Followers

Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Project #1

Okay it's actually weekend project #2 of the long list of things I'd like to get done before Auburn football season. The first? Oh, we painted Ella's bathroom and it's not quite what we had in mind. We were trying to match a green in her shower curtain but instead of a nice sage green it's neon green. As in 1984 neon green. Remember that?

So project #1 is now a two-parter.

But project #2 turned out nicely. When we were cleaning out the attic in my mom's garage before her move we found an old rocking chair fit for a child. The seat had been removed but it was structurally sound. I like to think my Dad came across and it stowed it away for future grandchildren. It was a fire engine red but we decided to change the color. After breakfast at Cracker Barrel we went to Michael's. We picked out some yellow fabric with cute multi-colored butterflies (a new fave of Ella's). We got some primer and some lavender paint. For all those who know me and know I love purple, Matt picked out the color, just for the record I'm not forcing my favorite color on the child.

After Ella went down for a nap I started sanding and painting. Matt cut out a seat from a piece of wood and cut out a piece of foam for the cushion. After her nap we had to put the seat together but it was more or less ready to go. She loved it. She kept getting in and out of it saying, "rocky chair, rocky chair!!" This morning as I cleaned her breakfast dishes I heard her sitting in it singing a little rocking chair song she made up all on her own. Thanks, Dad.

No comments: