Followers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Big Girl Room

Okay, it has taken us easily five months and it's still not completely done, but we're nearly there in terms of finishing Ella's big girl room and transitioning her from the nursery, which will remain a nursery while we wait...and wait...for Mr. Stork to flap his wings our way. In case that wasn't clear, we're not yet pregnant.

Anyway...we're very proud of the room. We still need curtains and Babci has to help trim down the size of the quilt b/c we decided to put her in the twin bed we already own instead of buying a full size mattress set. However, we made this decision after I'd purchased the bedding. Anywho!!


Matthew put up the bead board and the little shelf and he painted the entire room. I refinished my little girl furniture and it looks great. I really wasn't sure what to expect when I started in on the old yellowed 1970's stuff. It did take work. I sanded, cleaned, primed, sanded again and then put on several coats of paint. But the end result is good, I think. Now we just need to hang a few pictures, put up some curtains, buy some bed rails and commence the milestone of her first night's sleep in her big girl butterfly room!!

No comments: