Followers

Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm A Lucky Girl!

Ella's been going to the potty pretty frequently now. I have to say she's primarily doing it on her own. We started offering the potty after each diaper change and now she's starting to ask to go potty before she actually wets her diaper. She also had her first poop in the potty Friday night. I have to say that was our highlight. Furthermore, the celebration was cut short by the mere noxious smell of it all. Thank God for the individual in human history who decided we should "go" into a bowl of water. As a friend once told me, potty training is NOT for the faint of heart. True that...nor for the weak of stomach.

Sorry if that got too graphic for you.

On a happy, cute, odorless note...after a recent positive potty experience, after the good jobs, high fives, and a rather loud send off we gave the pee pee as it swirled away down the big potty, Ella ran naked and excited back to her room and jumped up into her bed. Standing naked as a jay bird on her bed she exclaimed, "I'm a lucky girl!" The kid cracks me up.

No comments: