Followers

Monday, February 11, 2008

A Pee Pee For Your Thoughts

Okay, I'm not going to post any more pictures of the potty full of yellow urine but I am going to share good news, and you can use your imagination for the rest. Ella pee peed three times in the Potty on Saturday and again today (Monday). After diaper changes and before bath time she's been asking to go potty and every time she's asked she has actually tinkled in her little potty. She's very proud of herself and gets very excited about putting the pee inside the big potty, flushing it and saying, "bye, bye pee pee!!" She also likes to remind me, "Ella's go potty like a big girl!"

Once today when she was sitting on her little pot and I was sitting on the edge of the tub (as I was instructed to do) I caught her studying her safari shower curtain. She turned the tables and asked, "Mommy, where's the turtle?" I pointed to the turtle, after pretending to struggle a bit, and she said, "Good job, Mommy, you're very smart!" And when I started to argue by saying, "no you're very smart," she said, "no Mommy, you're very smart!"

Who knew a two year old could be such a benefit to one's self esteem?

No comments: