Followers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stork Sticks...

It now seems everyone is getting pregnant but me...and I'm trying not to get discouraged by that. A dear friend who had ovarian cancer is now pregnant with twins (a miracle, no fertility help) for that I am ecstatic but it does increase my longing. A neighbor who seemed "done" with two tween girls is now also expecting.

After several months of trying and counting calendar days, following my late summer "issues" (see previous blog) we've resorted to some over the counter help. So each morning I pee on a stick to check my ovulation. I tried a basal thermometer which became more annoying than helpful mostly because I don't think I was using it correctly.

At any rate, Ella got the first glimpse at my attempt to completely rock her little world today. She walked in as I was unwrapping the little stick. I had to convince her it was not a lollipop so I explained as best I could what Mommy was doing.

"What's that?"

"It's a baby tester. It tells mommy when she can make a baby. Do you want a baby, Ella?"

A smile crosses her face as she sees the picture of the baby on the tester kit box.

"Yeah, Ella wants a baby."

"Well, Mommy has to pee pee on this stick and find out when the stork can come visit. Do you want a boy baby or girl baby?"

"Guhl!"

Well...first the two little lines have to be the same color.

No comments: