Followers

Monday, April 14, 2008

My Little Pony, LIVE!!

Ella with her new pony, "sweetberry"


Okay, so Ella love horsies, ponies, donkeys, etc. She seems to love most animals but I'm sensing a special draw to horses. I have no idea why, neither Daddy nor I have an affinity for anything equestrian. Although, her Godfather does...hmmm....


Anyway, on a whim I picked up a DVD of "My Little Pony." The "ponies" with their catchy theme song, didn't come out until 1983, I kind of missed the bandwagon on that one, already becoming interested in other things. But I thought it would be a nice change for my Thomas/Wiggles loving little girl. We've had to ban all Disney movies because I think they were giving her nightmares. And to think, I'm pretty sure I saw Jaws in the theater when I wasn't much older than her. Maybe that's why I can't sleep!!


Ella smiled and laughed as the ponies took the stage...


Anyway, she loved the ponies. And while it is a bit saccharine for me, it teaches good lessons about kindness and having a loving, adventurous nature.

So, when I found out "My Little Pony, Live, The World's Biggest Tea Party" was coming to a a theater in town, I snagged up three tickets, taking Grams along for the adventure as Daddy was out of town.



It was a girly girls event but Ella had a great time. She watched nearly all of the 90 minute show, melting down a bit only at the end because she didn't understand why she couldn't go up and pet and ride the ponies.

But the production was done very, very well and I think Grams had a as much fun as Ella. A nice girls evening out.

No comments: