Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bye, bye summer!

Well July and August have flown by once again. Why can't January and February go that quickly?
Anyway...we haven't been on any trips or vacations and we're just living the monotonous life. We're trying to go away in late September but I'm not sure if we'll have the cash since the deck project went over budget. But it looks great!! And since Daddy did all of the work (save a few days help from family) ...we did save a bundle.

As for Miss Ella...well we're in full on potty training mode. You may recall we've had a potty since last winter when she first showed an interest but that was short-lived. I tried again in June but she happily peed all over herself and continued to play on the neighbors' swing set.

So...recently she gave us the signs again and I went out and bought a six pack of princess panties. I quickly realized I'd need a lot more than that. One day, when I was trying to make a casserole for a neighbor who's been on bed rest for most of her pregnancy, she pooped in her panties four times in a row. But she's doing much, much better now and I dare say we're almost there. We're into our second or third full week and she went poop in the potty all by herself today. I am eternally grateful.

But it has been a long road and I've put off cleaning the carpets because of the phantom pee spots I find here and there. Now I think we're safe so I started calling around getting quotes. One man started talking, in great detail, about the efforts they make in removing "pet spots". I assured him we do not have a pet, just a toddler. His response: "Well human and pet urine is very similar so we should be able to remove any stains." Swear to the good Lord he was serious.

Ella also served as flower girl in Uncle David and Aunt Brooke's wedding. Cousin Trey was the ring bearer and they both did a great job!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were the same way with Trey. What we thought would be a one pack deal on the undies quickly turned into buying about 4 or 5 packs...