Followers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Discipline: The Necessary Evil

This morning Ella got in trouble. It first began with serious whining because I wouldn't carry her downstairs. This whining is a new and extremely annoying phase which some say she'll never outgrow b/c she's a girl...that sucks. Anyway, the whining escalated to an all out meltdown/temper tantrum which I completely ignored, thanks Supernanny's advice. Eventually she came in the kitchen and sucked down her warmed chocolate milk (I wish I got that treatment) and confessed she was finished crying. Later...another episode and this time I lost my temper a little. I didn't jump off the sanity boat but I was really frustrated. We went through the process again and then finished our breakfast.

We then went outside to enjoy the morning. She started to flip out a little b/c I didn't want her to dry off my rocking chair. I assured her she could dry off her own chair. This episode did not last as long...thank the Holy Lord.

A little while later she was sitting in my lap...whining again. I asked if she was sick. Yes was the answer. What hurts...does your tummy hurt? No. Does your throat hurt? No. Does your head hurt? No. Well then what hurts?

My feelings, she says.

Parenting: Not for Sissies. I'm making t-shirts, who wants one?

No comments: