Followers

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to Mommy...




Ella woke me Thursday morning by singing, "Happy Birthday to Mommy!" She doesn't quite get how the song goes so she sang the first verse three times, clapped, kissed me and said she loved me. That was all the gift I needed.



But Daddy had hidden some things behind the couch and after breakfast Ella brought them to me one by one. How sweet.

After gifts we headed to the pool for a while then home. While Ella napped I went for a mani-pedi!!

Is there a star sprinkle of my lip?

Then around 4:30 we headed out to a local park for a Fourth of July event (a day early!) complete with jumpy things, a band, a little choo-choo, sky divers, and magnificent fireworks.



We were joined by friends, family and neighbors. To top it all off...Matt carved a "birthday cake" out of a watermelon and topped it with candles. It truly was a wonderful birthday!!

Now...go and have a happy 4th!!

No comments: