Followers

Monday, July 14, 2008

In the Spirit of George Carlin...

Okay...so fortunately she's not yet using the seven dirty words but my little peach pie reminded me of the late great ranter of the obvious.

I was cleaning house the other day (okay every day) and I had just finished vacuuming a rug when I turned to see Ella was doing her best Hansel and Gretel, dropping goldfish all across the freshly cleaned area. I did my best not to lose it. But I still lost it a little:

"Ella Caroline. You pick each and every one of those crackers up this instant. Mommy's working very hard to clean this house. You need to help Mommy. Don't go behind me making a mess. Now pick them up. Go pick them up and put them in the trash. You...."

Ella interrupts...sounding like Spicoli...

"O.k. man....hush mommy."

I felt like a windbag...and it was all I could do not to laugh.

No comments: