Followers

Monday, August 07, 2006

A Quiet Day


Today has been a quiet day. As many of you know ~ today marks one year since my Dad passed away. It has been heavy on my heart and on my mind but Ella kept me busy and that helped. We had a good day. She took a couple of long naps and was in a really good mood for the most part.

I spent most of the day trying to get the house back in order. Ella watched as I did laundry and put things away from Babci and Granddad's visit. This evening we went to church and lit a candle for Grandpa Garrett. We entered a prayer into the book of intercessions and said a little prayer. Then we played on the patio until Daddy came home. She cracked us up when she decided to make a chew toy out of the faucet! She's so precious -- and quite a nice diversion from what could have been a very sad day.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Glad to see you caught the blogging bug! And it's nice that Ella spread a little joy on a sad day.