Followers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day


Hope everyone got out to the polls and voted yesterday. All I have to say is -- you win some, you lose some. But that's the beautiful thing about democracy -- the pendulum swings -- keeping everything in balance. We live in a wonderful, beautiful, diverse country and we are Blessed.

Our venture to vote became quite an adventure. The polling place was the Jewish center which is literally at the end of our street. So Ella and I strolled over shortly after the polls opened. Unfortunately, I did not see a "wheelchair friendly" entrance so I lugged Ella and the big stroller up several steps. Once inside I caused a flurry of activity when I revealed that I did not have a sample ballot because I had moved and failed to re-register and thus needed a provisional ballot. Oh, the drama. Then as I was filling out my paperwork, Ella decided to pull several of those mammoth registry booklets and some flyers from the table. Fortunately -- there was only minor drama there. But the bottom line -- we successfully voted and did our duty as citizens of this great nation.

The only not so good thing -- one of the old lady volunteers thought it would be cute to give Ella an I Voted sticker which I didn't notice until we got home -- and she had already eaten the corner. Here's a picture of what was left of the sticker before I took it away from her -- creating more drama.

No comments: