Followers

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Happy Christmas

What a nice surprise -- Ella loves Santa!
This is technically Ella's second Christmas but since she was only five days old last year, it hardly counts. So, for the first time we're enjoying Christmas through the eyes of our child. And I believe it is true, the magic returns. I mean to say, I always cherish the Christmas season for the precious gift it is ~ Christ's birth. But the wonder of everything else, a grand tree, sparkling lights, a kind old fat man dressed in red, fades over time. But now it is renewed once more and creates a special warmth that just makes you want to do good and be kind.




Daddy came home for a long lunch today and we took Ella to visit the jolly ole soul at the nearby mall. I was fearful, partly because my first photo with Santa shows a bellowing, red-faced six month old. Miss Ella chose to put my fears to rest. As we approached Santa's "village" she began smiling ear to ear. Well, see for youself. What a wonderful memory.

No comments: