Followers

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Let them eat (store bought) cake!

Babci and Granddad came over Wednesday to enjoy taco night with us! Ella (as you can see) had a great time with them. Dinner and conversation were great but my day was less than fantastic.
I spent most of the day cleaning. Not necessarily because the in-laws were paying a visit but because the house really needed it.


Along around 2:30 I was mostly finished and winding down with Ella before her afternoon nap. She had eaten a big lunch (very unusual for miss picky) and even polished off a few tortilla chips
as a snack.

Then the fun began. We were playing on the couch in the play room when Ella leaned over the back and pushed her full tummy at just the right spot and half digested tortilla came back for a visit. God, puke stinks. So I ran to our bathroom to grab a towel to clean the couch and carpet. When I returned she was playing in her own vomit. So I ran to get another towel to clean her hands. I opened the laundry doors to discover the detergent had leaked out -- coating the top of the dryer with a gooey blue film. Once Ella was clean and all the puke was mopped and everything was disinfected I tackled the dryer. As I nearly completed that task I heard a familiar noise coming from Ella's bathroom. Yep -- she was playing in the toilet water. I know I should have one of those safety latches!!

Shortly after washing her hands again -- I put her down for a nap.
Calm seemed to finally be setting in when Daddy came home from a business luncheon -- looked at frazzled mommy and asked, "So are you going to the gym?"
Are you freaking kidding me?

Not yet convinced I had had enough -- I went down to the kitchen to make some flan for taco dinner dessert. Man it takes forever for that stuff to boil. But once it did -- it boiled over and went all over the stove-top, countertop and floor. After a few choice words I poured the mixture into the muffin cups and then cleaned up mess #4 (or was it 5) of the day.

The next time I'm faced with so many hurdles, trials and tribulations -- Babci and Granddad will be eating store-bought cake with their boxed taco dinner!




1 comment:

Rob said...

Can't believe you didn't go to the gym. :-)

Great stories... glad I wasn't there, but it's fun to read about!