Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All is right with Ella's World, once more

We didn't get to spend much time together, just us three, this Father's Day weekend. Matt got home late Friday after having been in D.C. since Saturday morning. He phoned ahead and pleaded with me to keep Ella up past her bedtime to greet him. Easier said than done. After her bath, lotion rub-down, Desitine, saline spray, diaper, jammies, tooth-brushing and hair drying we usually have a book and then bedtime. Friday after hair drying I put her down and she ran to the big rocker yelling, "book, book!" I had to say no, not now, and she immediately began whaling.

I distracted her by taking her downstairs to play.

Finally as 8:3o rolled around, an hour past bedtime, I heard the 1966 Bronco pull into the garage. All week long when I heard something like an airplane, a dog bark, a train, I'd ask Ella, "what's that?" To which she would answer, "Daddy!" So when I heard the truck I asked this same questions and she responded "Airplane!"

She was so happy to see him. And, as if it had been planned, he scooped her up kissed her and then she said, "Un-go ah-side?" (wanna go outside?) That's where Daddy found his new grill!! It played out beautifully. More beautiful than the giant blue/purple bruise on my ankle from getting the darned thing out of the Escape and onto the deck, alone.

Anyway, that was it for our together time this weekend. So we managed to squeeze as much time together as possible on Monday. Ella and Matt took a morning stroll together. And then after work, we played in her little kiddy pool on the back deck. Mostly because our neighborhood pool was closed due to a maintenance issue. I think someone must have pulled the old Baby Ruth trick!

I snapped some sweet moments. Enjoy the slide show!!

1 comment:

Rob said...

So bummed Matt was too busy to throw one back with me. Next time! And looking at your slideshow, it's kinda scary how much Greta & Ella look alike. It's mostly the hairstyle, I think.