Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Watching the clouds go by

I don't have a picture of this but using your imagination will make this entry that much sweeter. Ella was playing with Digger today (15 year old family Pomeranian we inherited when my mom moved) and they were having a fun time. They were sitting on an incline in the back yard, I was lounging in a chair just a few feet away. Ella moved to hug Digger and instead basically sat on him. Annoyed and old, he struggled to his arthritic feet and walked away. This sent Ella tumbling a couple of times on the slope, landing on her back. She rolled over and started to get up when something caught her attention, like a whisper from heaven. I watched her slowly lie back down, peacefully she lay there watching the sunlight peeking through the leaves of the trees. A few puffy clouds drifted by and still she lay there, just watching. I've never seen her so still ~ except of course when she's sleeping. The real beauty of this moment --I remember laying in the grass, looking up at the summertime sky for hours as a child. What an innocent, beautiful discovery. I could almost feel her saying to herself, "there's all this down here, and still so much up there."

This in addition to her saying "I lub oooo" at bedtime has made my heart melt.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Lovely imagery. Yeah, those bedtime "love yous" help forgive a LOT of transgressions during the day!