Followers

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Regression...an ugly word

Ella had successfully been potty trained about a week and a half ago. She'd been going #1 and #2 with little assistance and very few accidents. Then...she moved up to the next classroom at school and suddenly...crappy pants again.

It's called regression. When a child is potty trained and then suddenly "forgets" how to do it. It usually happens when there's a new sibling, a move, something. But I think it's something else. Apparently several kids in her new class are not potty trained and the teacher is not very tough on them when they have...well when they poo and pee in their pants. This is far from an accident, which happen occasionally -- not every single time. I'm furious. Not only because I did the training to begin with but now I'm having to re-train. Some say it will be a phase that lasts a couple of weeks. Until then we've taken away all television and videos, and she sits in timeout after each poop in her pants.

If anyone has gone through this and has some advice I'd gladly take it. This is worse than sore boobs in early breastfeeding. I'm at my breaking point.

No comments: