Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Interpretations of a Dramatic Three Year-Old

It's true...that saying...kids say the darndest things. They also do some very funny stuff; the problem is most of the time you're not supposed to laugh.

The other day Ella was having a late afternoon meltdown...most likely a result of crappy nappy. She bonked her head or something and acted as though it was the end of the world. After about 5 minutes of her high pitched screaming in my ear I proclaimed, "that's enough...you're hurting mommy's ears!" She pulled away from me, snot and tears streaming, "Don't worry mommy!" She then placed her hands over my ears and resumed the screaming.

We're trying really hard to drive home the manners thing -- because it is tremendously important to us. This has been challenging with such a headstrong little lady like our Ella. Nevertheless...a few days ago after completing her breakfast she let out a big sigh and proclaimed she was done. Daddy asked, "What do you say?" Ella responded, "I'm sooo full of yogurt!" I mean how are you supposed to keep a straight face, I ask you?

A couple of nights ago when I sat her down for dinner she looked at her plate; sweet potato covered in butter and sprinkles of brown sugar. Her little face lit up. "Mommy, did you make me potato?" Yes I did. "Mommy, I think I might marry you!" That comment was met with many forehead kisses!

I'm sure they all say funny, endearing things. But I feel like Ella says at least on hysterical thing a day...it's really hard to remember them all...and I don't want to forget a thing!

No comments: