Followers

Monday, September 11, 2006

Baby Steps


Another big weekend for Miss Ella-bean.

We tried giving her "baby ravioli" the other day. She did not like it. But just like everything else new -- this will take time. Everything is "baby steps". She's doing quite well with the pureed foods (sweet potatoes, peas, bananas etc.) and cereal and oatmeal. And although she still refuses to hold her own bottle she's still downing the milk like a champ. One new ~ and adorable thing she's doing lately is smacking her lips. If she's eating something yummy she smacks after each bite! It's quite hilarious.

On Sunday we tried a new church, American Martyrs in Manhattan Beach. I got the impression from their website they are very family friendly with lots of ministries for young families. The church we currently belong to is nice and we do like it but we just haven't felt embraced by the spirit there.
There were lots of people like us at the 8 a.m. mass at American Martyrs on Sunday, but unfortunately we didn't get to meet anyone because Miss Wiggle Worms had trouble being still -- or quiet for that matter (thank God for cry rooms).
At any rate -- towards the middle of mass when Ella needed a change of scenery Daddy took her outside. He was holding her by her hands when she took the initiative to take several steps -- right in front of the statue depicting Mary and little boy Jesus. I missed it. I was inside trying to follow what was left of the homily but it's a moment I'll never forget all the same. So far, she's sharing all the major milestones with Daddy. At least she said Ma Ma first. I'll take that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And as I enjoy the progress our little angel is making and the laughter we share over silly things -- the events of this day five years ago weigh heavily on my mind. God Bless those souls and their families -- especially the children.

1 comment:

The Amazing Trips said...

Hi Dina - it's a lot of fun experimenting with baby foods and such a blast when they LOVE it. Our babies really enjoyed applesauce at Ella's age. We tried desperately to get avocado in to them - but they wouldn't have it. We also tried tofu and would disguise it in their baby yogurt. Surprisingly, this worked well.

I saw your comment on my blog & wanted to let you know that my entire family is on the east coast and my husband's family is in No. Cal & AZ. We use our blog as the primary means of keeping them updated on the trials and tribulations of raising triplets. What's a real hoot is how many "other" readers we've picked up along the way. Infact, in July, my blog was the Denver Post website of the week. That's a riot considering we don't know anyone in Colorado!

Aside from keeping the family updated on our children, this blog has turned in to a catharsis (and addiction) for me. I'm saving all of the posts I write for posterity. Hopefully, the kids will look back on all of my writings one day and know what their babyhood/toddlerhood was like and how I almost lost my marbles every single day, but loved them through it all. Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you'd like to "talk" more at geojenna@cox.net.

BTW - I LOVE the pink shoes. They are adorable - as is your Ella Caroline!