Followers

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Things I Know So Far...

Time goes by faster once you have children -- or at least it seems to.

Children really do give you grey hair. I got my first one while I was pregnant. Years of newsroom deadlines -- and a baby gets the prestige. That first one now has a few more friends.

"Come to mommy!" still sounds funny coming out of my mouth.

Any child's laughter is precious. Your own child's laughter is the warmest and sweetest things on earth.

I love my husband more each day seeing the father he is becoming.

Mommies really do have a special "healing" touch. Sad, grumpy, in pain or tired -- she reaches for me and my hugs and kisses seem to make it better. Not yet sure about the eyes in the back of my head.

New parents develop cat-like reflexes without even trying.

Daddies can play a little rough and instead of crying -- there is great laughter.

Kids seem fatter than when I was a child. There was usually one chubby kid in any given neighborhood posse but now it seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

You can bond, if only for a brief moment, with a complete stranger while discussing your children.

Every day is a new challenge -- and every day is a blessing.

Life -- goes on.

No comments: