Followers

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pulling to a Stand



On Saturday morning we discovered Ella standing in her crib bright and early in the morning. She had pulled to a stand (September 16th ~ Grams's birthday) and was evidently pretty pleased with herself because she laughed and smiled at us, standing in the doorway with bedhead and mouths agape.

Now -- whenever we put her down for a nap -- up she pops. Does anyone have a solution for this? She has been on a regular schedule consisting of two naps a day (with a 30 minute swing time). But now that she standing it's harder to get her to go down. She's not a cow so she can't sleep standing up. What's a mommy and daddy to do?

Yesterday we had her nine month pictures taken here at the house. I'll send the link to family and friends when we get the proofs. The photographer was great. I have known her brother since my days at KGWN in Cheyenne, WY. Now he's a freelance writer/producer for KABC just like me. It is a small, small world. Ella seemed more interested in the mechanics of how the props were put together than smiling for the camera. (Is she my child?) So she may have daddies aptitude for mechanics. I believe if she ever learns to smile for the camera she will have no choice but to be the first female leader of the free world. Of course -- I truly hope it doesn't take that long.

I've been feeling really under the weather the last few days so we did not make it to church this morning. Don't worry (Grams, Babci, Granddad, etc.) I think it's just a hormonal swing and is not the early signs of #2. We did make it to Uncle Bills for breakfast. No we're not putting food before God but I haven't eaten much in a few days and I'd rather upchuck at a noisy restaurant than in the midst of a lengthy homily.

Anyway -- daddy's gardening and Ella's finally down for her morning nap (after popping up at least three times and pooping once) and I will be getting ready for work shortly. Today looks to be a cool, sunny, southern california day. Daddy will probably venture to the park with her this afternoon while I'm in Glendale writing the news.


By the way WAR EAGLE!!
If you missed the high intensity that was LSU vs. Auburn you missed one heck of a game.

6 comments:

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

Hey -- who's the photographer? Just curious...

As for standing in the crib, we would let Greta cry it out for awhile (we=Carey) and then go in and tell her it was bedtime or nap time or whatever. Rubbing the back seems to work, too, although they can also get used to that and then not fall asleep unless someone rubs their back. Thankfully, like all things it's a phase and it passes. Now that she's standing, walking won't be far behind, and when she's walking she'll tire herself out and want to sleep!

--Rob
Greta Grows

Dina said...

This is pretty much what we're doing -- letting her cry it out. There's a distinct change in the pitch when she's tired and not sure how to maneuver out of the "new" stand to a sleeping position. Glad to know it's a passing phase. And yes, we're prepared to have an early walker. Lucky us. The photographer is Dave Brill's sister. I think he was gone before you got there. He used to do sports before Lasher took over. He's a nice guy and he teaches the biz at a local community college (while not writing sports for KABC) where I've been happy to deliver a few guest lectures.

Rob said...

Very cool ... I remember meeting Dave, but yeah, I think it was Lasher's sportscast when I arrived. Sorry for the deleted comments ... I messed up my Greta Grows hyperlink and apparently when I try to delete comments, they show up as, well, deleted comments!