Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daddy Needs a TuTu

So, as I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, we've signed Ella up for a dance class at the YMCA. Nothing major. It's called twirling toddlers. Basically they learn coordination and practice following directions in a group setting and they get some exercise. I was looking for a gymnastics class which I didn't realize they offered until after I signed her up for the dance class. That's fine though we figure dance now, swimming lessons this spring and gymnastics this summer. Well, maybe I'm being too ambitious.

Ella loves music and dancing at home, she should do well, right?

Well there's more to the story.

The class is every Wednesday over the next several weeks from 9:30 until 10:00. I usually don't work Wednesdays so it was set to work out fine. However, Matt's not traveling this week so I picked up a Wednesday shift. Soooo....he had to take her to her first class. I spoke with the teacher the night before and had her tutu, leotard and tights laying out in her room so daddy didn't have to question what a tiny dancer might need.
They get to the Y, Matt finds the classroom, meets the teacher, waits a few moments and turns to go. I told him he'd be able to drop her off and get in a nice 20 30 minutes of work out time. But as he's turning toward the door the teacehr says, "Oh, sir, we need a parent to stay and participate, it's a new rule." OOOPS!!

To make a long story short -- Matt was reportedly doing the bunny hop and riding a feather duster around like a pony along with three two year olds, a mom and a teacher. I wish I had been a fly on the wall!!

Yes, she's sticking out her tongue, I'm so proud

I insisted he take pictures. It's just too bad we can't see him doing the bunny hop. As you can see, our Ella is already a non-conformist. She didn't really want to do what the others girls were doing and refused to wear her hair clip. She looks like a raggamuffin. But this is the stuff that provides fodder for all those graduations, birthdays and future, future, way down the road, wedding rehearsals!!

No comments: