Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Grandmom's Dress: Years One & Two

Some of you may recall I've started what I think is a beautiful tradition suggested to me by my friend, Gerin. Aunt Barbara was kind enough to give the dress Grandmom Majoli wore to our wedding. Each year I'm taking Ella's picture in the dress, or being draped in it at this stage, in a rocker she gnawed on when she was cutting her front teeth. Over the years I hope to document her growth into the dress and the chair. Gerin's been doing this with her daughter who's now six. She's also begun the tradition with he one year old son who's wearing his dad's high school letterman's jacket. How cool is that?


Anyway, here's a year to year comparison. I am in love with the early results.




2 comments:

Rob said...

This is a really cool idea. I think I commented to that effect when you posted the first photo.

I don't have a letterman's jacket (not cuz I wasn't a letterman, but because it was more of a football jocks only thing to do in our school), but maybe we'll find something suitable and co-opt the tradition with Lincoln.

Dina said...

I think you'd love it! I always thought a grandfather's hat would be a great item to use with a little boy.