Followers

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcome 2008

Like many newsies, I worked New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but luckily I landed a 9-5 shift on Monday so I was home for the intended festivities.

When I got home we had a quick bite to eat and headed over to do sparklers and fireworks with Ella's Godfather and Godsister, Abby at their family farm.

Ella got smoke in her eyes right off the bat and spent the rest of the time covering her eyes from all the pops and exploding colors. My California baby also wanted to go inside where it was warm. But there were lots of dogs to play with and she did enjoy watching Abby play with the snap and pops (those things that pop when you throw them on the ground). We were home by 9 p.m. and Ella went straight to bed.

Matt and I fell asleep watching the Auburn/Crimson game. We were awakened at 11:45 by a screaming child. We were consoling her and giving her juice when the clock struck midnight and all the neighbors started shooting off fireworks. Happy New Year! we said to each other between yawns. My how life has changed.

No comments: