Followers

Monday, February 01, 2010

Back to the Rockies

Airlie's first trip in an airplane
Ella met me on the slopes after ski school

Our view in Steamboat

And Henry...ready for sledding in Fort Collins



Annabel reads a bedtime story to all the kids

I guess you could say it's becoming a wonderful tradition. A couple of years ago our good friends the Morgensteins organized a trip to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. They rented a townhouse that slept somewhere around a dozen and invited friends and family to drop in and out throughout one week in January as the schedules and finances saw fit. We took them up on it then, when Ella was just two and we joined them again this year.

Airlie Jane's first flight went off without a hitch. She fussed for a grand total of maybe 20 minutes. Which seems like forever when it's your kid but it truly wasn't bad.

We flew into Denver and rented a car and drove up to Fort Collins to spend a few days with our friends the Lashers. We had a wonderful time catching up with Christian and Briana and found ourselves amazed at how their kids, Annabel, Henry (our Godson) and Claire had grown.

After a few days of invading the Lasher abode, we headed towards higher elevations.

The town home was once again tremendous. We had a great view and the heated pool and hot tub were within walking distance.

I kept to my green runs this time and enjoyed myself. Two years ago I let my husband take me down something a bit too challenging for me...and I fell...A LOT! So this year Matt went up one morning without me and took all the double black skiing he could handle before catching up with me for some more green runs.

But the best part was putting Ella in ski school. Several of us pitched in for a Nanny for the younger ones and the older ones went to ski school. We dropped her off around 8:30 and picked her up around 3:00. She learned to ride the magic carpet and put her tips together like a pizza while going down the small bunny hill. She seemed to really like it. Yay!

We're already looking forward to 2012!!

No comments: