Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Party




At the beginning of the school year parents are asked to sign up to help with one of the four or five parties the classrooms have throughout the years. I was disappointed when Halloween was already taken by three eager moms. Ella's teacher told me Valentine's is always fun. A little half-hearted, I signed up.

As it turns out, even tough Valentine's is not one of my favorite holidays, it was fun!

I made matching t-shirts for Ella and me. Being responsible for the food in an "allergy" classroom I made heart-shaped bread sticks, sweet potato muffins and a medley of chopped bananas and strawberries. The kids had crafts, provided by another mom, and we played Valentine's picture Bingo! Every child won! Then another mom made pink cupcakes and we finished the party with some Valentine's books I'd picked up at the library. Of course the kids exchanged valentines and we're now inundated with more sugar and candy crap...but it was a fun party after all!

No comments: