Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow 2010!

Valentine's Day collided with President's Day weekend and a couple of snow make-up days which made for a nice LONG six day weekend for us.

We've been threatened with snow a few times this year but Friday the 12th of February ushered in the real thing.

It started snowing at our house around one or two in the afternoon and quickly started accumulating. By around 5:00 Ella and I were outside building snowmen. She really loves the snow and we had a lot of fun. I should note, Airlie was napping.

The snow continued until late in the evening...at last check it was still snowing around midnight.

I was due in to work at 6 a.m. but a colleague (whom I'm indebted to) was working late Friday and opted to stay at a downtown hotel and take the early shift so I could come in at noon, after most of the snow on the roads had turned to water or mush.

I'd say we had around three or four inches of good snow and it was a wonderful treat! Now...I'm done with the cold...bring on Spring!

No comments: