Followers

Monday, February 01, 2010

Hair Do!


Most stay at home moms will tell you...that time between afternoon nap (at least for those who have napping children) and dinner is often quite like torture. It's especially tough during the winter months when we can't just run down to the pool and kill an hour or play outside on the play-set (well some days we can). And dreaming up something different and constructive to do during that time can be a bit of a challenge. For me, it needs to be something that does not require a lot of energy, because I'm usually zapped by three or four o'clock, but it also needs to be something that will hold Ella's attention. I also have to factor in the baby...in that she needs to be able to participate or play nearby said activity.

I may have struck gold the other night. I don't call upon my mother's mothering guide too much but this time it worked.

"Hey, Ella. Why don't you go get all of your hair clips and your brush and come style mommy's hair!"

I was not a rambunctious child so I can only figure my mother asked me to style her hair simply because it was relaxing to her. Even so, I applied the task with a different purpose and it worked like magic.

You would have thought I'd suggested ice cream and cake for dinner. She brushed and clipped and talked to me about all kinds of things while an hour and a half went by in the blink of an eye. Airlie sat next to be on the floor surrounded by lots of toys. Occasionally she's look up, a bit bewildered at the transformation.

Here's a look at Ella's creation!

No comments: