Followers

Monday, January 22, 2007

A New Tradition

My dear friend Gerin gave me a beautiful idea. She takes a picture of her daughter, Abby every year in a special dress that has been passed down through the generations in her family.

I decided to do the same with Ella.




Aunt Barbara graciously gave me the dress Daddy's late, great Gradmom wore to our wedding. I envision Ella wearing it to a high school graduation or for senior pictures. It's nothing fancy but it's sentimental value is priceless.

I snapped a few pictures of her wearing it, or being draped in it. As we are likely to move as Ella grows up I decided to keep the setting constant by seating her in one of our teak rockers. It's the one that bears her little teeth marks from when she was cutting her first teeth. I've threatened Daddy's life if he ever thinks of sanding off the marks and coating over them with teak oil.



Over the years she'll grow into the dress and the chair -- and I intend to have a document of this beautiful new tradition.

No comments: