Followers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tiny Bubbles

Last night I had an (as Oprah would call it) Aha moment. Why not play with bubbles during bath time. Duh??? I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier -- Mommy brain I guess.




It's finally a bit chilly here in SoCal so we don't play outside after dinner anymore. And it's been awfully windy so bubbles outside swiftly drift away. I tried blowing bubbles in the house but it makes a goopy mess on the floors, furniture and baby. Finally -- aha! Bubbles in the bathtub. Genius!!

I love blowing bubbles and Ella really enjoyed watching them fall all around her. They drift forever in the bathroom. When they land in the water they don't pop right away so she was able to lift a few of them onto her tiny hands before they burst. What a sweet moment!!

I remember my Granny blowing bubbles for me in the bathtub when I was a little girl. But she was really talented -- she could use regular soap and her two hands to blow extraordinary bubbles. It's funny how so many of these cherished memories seem to be stowed away in the back corners of your mind until you have a child. I'm glad Ella helped me remember.

No comments: